Here is one of my favorite basic softball drills. I like to use this softball drill to work on the short underhand toss.
• Form 2 – 3 lines depending on how many softball coaches you have to volunteer
• Have players line up in front of one of the coaches approximately 15 – 20 feet away with no glove (cones are the best and have the players line up behind their cone)
• Coach rolls the softball to the first player in the line. They field the grounder and underhand toss the ball back to the coach (coach should have a glove and position it shoulder height for a target)
• After releasing the ball players should focus on following thru with the tossing hand by giving a high five to the coach as they run past them
• Player runs back in line and coach rolls a grounder to the next player in line.