Practice basic baserunning, stealing, tag-ups and other baserunning strategies
- Players line up along the backstop behind home plate.
- The first player in line steps into the batters box
- On the coachâ€™s signal, the player pretends to swing, then runs full speed from home plate to first base.
- Run through the base, slow down and return to first base.
- On the first base coachâ€™s signal, run from first to third.
- Jog home then join the back of the line.
- Using the same setup – Have each player run out a double or triple. Then simulate scoring from second (or third) off a base hit.
- Set up an assistant coach or parent at each base to give instruction along the way.