Develops fast hands for hitting.
- Batter gets into stance at home plate or another location on field.
- Coach stands to batter’s side.
Batter gets into stance.
She grips her bat by taking her bottom hand and moving it all the way up to the top of the bat handle. Then she inverts top hand so palm is pointed toward the pitcher. She places this hand above her bottom hand and lines the bat up in her top hand’s fingertips.
Coach soft tosses ball to batter who swings and hits it.
- Batter should be aggressive, keep head down and snap the bat through the hitting zone.
- Look for a swing over the top of the tee with positive forward motion toward the ball.
- Top hand should really be snapping and pushing the barrel through the zone.