Pitcher practices her full throwing motion.
- Pitcher stands in front of the wall (or net or fence or catcher).
How it Works
- Pitcher shows four dots (shoulder, shoulder, hip, hip) to the wall.
- If right-handed, right foot is slightly in front of left.
- Slam the door.
- Pitcher presents the ball, comes together(ball into glove) drops her arm and swings it back.
- With weight on back foot, she goes into open door position, pointing glove arm at target.
- She stride, completes her windup, releases the ball and follows through, slamming then the door shut with her back hip.
- Complete 3 sets of 10-15 wrist snaps
- Make sure pitcher is NOT pausing at the top of the windup.
- On the drop and swing back, pitcher should not be leaning backward or forward. She should be in balance. Shoulders should be over hips.
- A lot of pitchers make the mistake of “aiming” the ball – signs of this include being way out on their front foot and having their arm behind them which causes them to pull the ball through. Make sure pitchers are relaxed and letting their momentum take the ball through.