This drill breaks down the proper mechanics of the glove tuck portion of the throw.
- Players line up facing coach.
- Players go into “T” position with arms straight out to the sides – glove pointing toward the target, ball hand straight back, knuckles up toward the sky.
- In throwing motion, players turn the glove up like they are flexing their bicep, pulling the glove into their shoulder as the throwing arm goes forward.
- Follow-through by touching opposite knee and then step forward with back foot to be in ready position.
- Players should be finishing with knees and shoulders square to their target.
- Make it easier: Just do the motion with no actual throw.
- Make it harder: Have players pair up and throw the ball to each other.