Teaches how to properly approach first base, by running straight through the base and not lunging when they get close.
- Players line up along the backstop behind home plate.
- The first player in line steps into the batters box
- On the coach’s signal, the player pretends to swing, then runs full speed from home plate to first base.
- Run through the base, slow down and return to the back of the line.
- Have players jog to first base to focus on positioning and hitting the base in stride.
- Add fielders and make the runners beat the throw to first.