This drill reminds the batter to keep her load short and hands in the hitting position when loading.
- Player gets into batting stance.
- Coach says, “Load.”
- Player moves body back into load position.
- Coach has her hand against player’s rib cage and offers light resistance to remind player to remain short when loading.
- Go back to normal batting stance and repeat.
- Batter’s hands should be back behind the shoulder.
- Back knee should be inside the back foot.
- Back side of batter should not fall back. It should remain firm and press against the coach’s hand.