Teaches younger players how to use the lower half of their body during their swing.
- Player stands at an angle to net.
- Coach kneels on opposite side of net.
- Use a soft softball like the Easton lncrediball or a tennis ball or wiffle ball so coach doesn’t get hurt if player misses on her swing and hits the ball back at him.
How it Works
- Batter gets into stance.
- Coach drops her hand which is a signal for batter to trigger stride.
- Coach then tosses a ball toward the batter’s left hip.
- Batter swings and hits the ball into the net.
- Batter should be pivoting on back foot so shoelaces are pointed toward the pitcher.