Helps batter feel their trigger position/their hands during their swing.
- Set up a tee in front of a net.
- Batter stands next to the tee.
- Need an elastic cord with loops on each end.
- Place one loop around lead foot and the other loop around top bat hand.
- Set ball on tee.
- Take normal swing and hit the ball into a net.
- Band length should be set to keep player’s hands in proper position (inside the ball) during the swing and should allow her to finish her swing with her hands at the top of her shoulder.
- This drill can also be run with the coach tossing the ball to the batter instead of using the tee.