Outfielders learn to run through the catch to properly transfer to the throw.
- The player lines up at the front cone.
- The coach stands next to the player with a softball.
- The coach says, “go.”
- The player goes backward to the second cone.
- The coach tosses the softball into the air, and the player times her move forward to catch the ball while running.
- This drill is all about timing. The player should keep her feet moving and explode forward through the ball to maintain momentum for the throw.
- After the catch, the player should bring their glove hand and throwing hand back as if going to throw the ball.