In today’s video blog post, we are demonstrating some incredible softball plyometric drills that will greatly improve your speed and power.
Softball Plyometric Drills for Explosive Power!
- Jump two feet moving forward, and bringing the knees to at least hip height.
- If your players can bring the knees up higher, encourage them to do so!
- Use the arms for momentum and keep the core solid so you bounce off the ground.
- You don’t want to spend any time on the ground. You want to be quick.
- Do three sets of five to 10 jumps.
- This is a one-legged hop that simulates running motion.
- Bring the knee and heel up as you bounce on one foot.
- Do three sets of five to 10 hops.
- Begin easy, and then progress into more repetitions as you go.
- Be sure to work both legs equally – one leg down and one leg back. This way, you won’t get too fatigued or tired.
- Remember, the purpose of this drill is explosiveness. This simulates the power we need for great acceleration and speed.
- We want to extend our running motion by driving the knee up, and bringing the heel and the toe up.
- Cock and load the foot so it can explode off the ground.
- Count each leg contact.
- Do three to five sets, with each set being three to five with each leg.
Be sure to check out our other great softball conditioning drills, and don’t forget to Like Us on Facebook, where I will be sharing more great softball plyometric drills and videos!