This drill helps the player work on establishing a good base and fielding the ball out in front.
- Drill can be done anywhere on field.
- Coach places cones inside the defensive players feet and at tip of triangle.
- First, players get in proper defensive position and coach places cones on inside of feet and at tip of triangle.
- Players then step back and line up.
- Coach says, “Ready, go.”
- Players run up to the cones and get in defensive position, then fall back and do it again.
- Players should be focusing on their approach and on setting up properly when they reach
- Remember, cone placement will depend on player size. Larger players will need a larger triangle.