Prevents batter from stepping out during her swing.
- Batter stands in normal batting stance.
- Place a bat parachute or towel or something else soft where the batter is stepping out.
How it Works
- Batter gets into normal stance.
- Bat parachute or towel or other item is placed on the ground where step out occurs.
- Batting practice is thrown – either by coach or pitching machine.
- Batter knows by feel and coach by sight if batter steps out during swing.
- In this drill, it’s better to use something soft like a bat parachute or towel instead of something hard and potentially dangerous like a bucket or a ladder. You just want the batter to be aware of what they are doing.
- Batter should be taking a nice, small stride right toward the pitcher.