Here is one of my favorite [tag]basic softball drills[/tag]. I like to use this [tag]softball drill[/tag] to work on the short underhand toss.
– Form 2 — 3 lines depending on how many [tag]softball coach[/tag]es you have to volunteer
– Have players line up in front of one of the coaches approximately 15 — 20 feet away with no glove (cones are the best and have the players line up behind their cone)
– Coach rolls the [tag]softball[/tag] to the first player in the line. They field the grounder and underhand toss the ball back to the coach (coach should have a glove and position it shoulder height for a target)
– After releasing the ball players should focus on following thru with the tossing hand by giving a high five to the coach as they run past them
– Player runs back in line and coach rolls a grounder to the next player in line.