Last week, I sent out a request for my newsletter subscribers to send me their favorite [tag]free softball practice drills[/tag]. Check out this one below.
This [tag]softball drill[/tag] can be done inside a gym, or outside in the grass or field. I call it The Corner Drill.
- Mark off 90 degree angle anywhere on the playing field.
- Have girls partner up.
- Must have one [tag]softball[/tag].
- First girl has left foot on line in ready position.
- Second girl rolls ball toward opposite line.
- First girl slide (shuffles) to field ball into glove.
- She then comes up into throwing stance making sure back foot is at a 45 degree angle to set target.
- You can move second person back or move first girl forward to make the angle of movement harder. You can work from left to right and also back handing the ball.
This softball drill can be used for working on footwork, fielding, throwing and quickness on with the feet. The big advantage is everyone can be doing the drill at the same time. This allows the [tag]softball coach[/tag]es to give feedback on positioning.