Here’s a cool video covering one of my favorite topics: The Mental Game. The video features baseball players, but you can run it exactly the same way with your softball players. In fact, I find that female softball players are BETTER at using mental hitting techniques because of their increased ability to block out distractions and stay focused under pressure.
A few coaching tips to remember:
- Use a soft focus on the pitcher when stepping in to the box
- Hard focus on the pitcher’s release point 2-3 seconds before the pitch is delivered
- Have each hitter take 5 pitches, focusing on watching the ball coming out of the pitcher’s hand
If you enjoyed the video and would like to see more on Mental Hitting, make sure you check out this online video clinic. Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn…
- A nifty visualization technique (created by Pete Rose) that breaks through mental barriers and eliminates the fear of failure.
- 7 essential tips for developing rock-solid mental toughness in the batter’s box.
- The 8 CRITICAL keys to having a quality at-bat. Plus, why batting average is an “over-rated” statistic.. and what you should be looking at instead!
And a lot more! Get the full story here: Mental Hitting.
Make sure you leave a comment in the box below too. I’d love to hear your own favorite tips and strategies for mental hitting!