Special thanks to Chris for sending this [tag]softball[/tag] [tag]drill[/tag] in. If you’ve every struggled for new ideas for [tag]youth softball[/tag] [tag]drills[/tag], you should try this out!
I [tag]coach[/tag] 6-8 softball and found that this is a fun drill to end each [tag]practice[/tag] with.
It gets the kids heart rate up while teaching them the right direction to run the bases.
• Divide the team into 2 groups.
• Place Group 1 at Home Plate and Group 2 at second base
• One player from each group will race around the bases, one starting at home, the other starting at second base
• Once the player make it back to their starting point, the next player in line will go, until the entire group has raced around the diamond
• Once that race is over, switch the groups, sending the second base group to home and the home plate group to second – race again.
A great overall [tag]conditioning[/tag] and [tag]team building[/tag] drill.