This is a great conditioning drill towork on your player’s full range of motion.
- Take the behind step, lift, and rotate.
- Your players should focus on controlling the feet by rotating the hip and the knee across the body. This will give great body control, balance, and agility.
- Work this drill for ten yards.
- Down and back is one repetition—do three sets of three to five repetitions.
Here are some tips for your players to remember during this drill:
- Stay on the front part of the foot
- Bounce as you go
- Don’t bend over at the waist
- Stabilize that core
- Keep the head up
Be sure to tell your players to start out slow to ensure that they’re getting the full range of motion.