Players work on getting a good stride before the throw.
Players should line up and stand next to a fence.
- Players should grab the fence with their throwing hand.
- They should take a long stride out and freeze, while holding the fence.
- Players release the fence and follow through with the throwing motion.
- Players should step forward with their back leg on the follow-through.
- On the stride the hips go first.
- Players should be staying in a straight line through the stride, throw and follow- through.
- Look for a powerful stride. Players should be striding as far as possible and then surging forward with power after releasing the fence.