Pitchers work on getting their back side driving, their front leg up and getting a long stride.
- Pitcher stands at three-quarters of regular pitching distance (25-30 feet).
- Catcher is in stance or sitting on a bucket.
- Pitcher stands with hips open.
- She shifts weight onto her back leg and brings her front knee up into the air.
- She then drives toward her catcher and throws the ball.
- Complete 10-15 pitches from this distance
- Pitcher then moves back to the mound and throws 10-20 more pitches.
- You could also set a cone in front of the pitcher to remind her to get her leg up.
- On the mound, the pitcher should be using the rubber to get a good push toward home.
- Upper body should be coming forward on the throw.