Helps pitchers develop power and velocity
- Pitcher stands on the mound (35-40 feet away).
- A coach or player stands beside the pitcher to feed her the balls. Catcher is behind home plate.
- Pitcher alternates throwing a regular softball and a weighted ball. She can alternate every pitch or throw two regular balls, then two weighted balls, etc.
- Pitcher walks through the delivery to home meaning she starts behind the rubber and takes a step forward onto it to begin her motion.
- Complete 10-15 pitches with each ball
- Player should be landing on the balls of her feet.
- The weighted ball should be thrown at 75% power
- The regular ball should be thrown at 100% power