Players work on getting their body in front of the ball, and then picking up the ball and following through to make a good play, learning not to rush the process.
- Place players in the field
- Give them a ball to place on the ground in front of them
- Their feet should be about shoulder width apart in the ready position
1. All the players are in the ready position with a ball in front of them.
2. When the coach says go, they will pick up their ball and ‘gently’ toss it so it bounces off their chest and hits the ground.
3. They must then quickly pick up the ball and go into a throwing position.
4. No need for them to actually throw the ball. Just place it back down and start again.
Make It Easier
They do not need to throw the ball once they pick it up.
Make It Harder
They should throw the ball home to the fence once they pick it up.