I created these fun softball drills to fill a gap! Between games there can be a big lapse and I needed something to get the players hearts beating and awake again.
This softball drill got everyone involved, alert, and having a good time. It also got their hand eye coordination and teamwork brain cells working.
1. I had them arrange themselves in a large circle with their gloves on. Everyone must be about 3 to 5 feet apart.
2. I gave the players 1 softball and asked them to toss it to the next person and make it go around the circle.
3. Some of the younger players had a hard time at first but after about 3 minutes, it was traveling around pretty quick.
4. Next I said change directions. They changed directions and I started saying “hot potato” and they sped up even more.
5. Then I added another ball and said if that ball catches up to anyone, the person who it caught up to had to leave the circle.
6. I added a third ball and changed directions a few times. It was really fun to see them get into it.