A fun drill for younger kids. helps them drive the ball hard up the middle
- Coach puts on full protective catcher gear and sits on a chair 15-20 feet from home plate.
- She has a bucket of soft sponge balls.
- The hitter sets up at the plate in her normal batting stance.
- The coach will soft toss the sponge balls to the batter.
- The batter will try to make line drive contact and knock the coach off the chair.
- Have fun with this drill by exaggerating the force of the hit and dramatically falling off the chair. Young kids love to see their coaches get silly.
- You can also work on bat speed by making this a rapid fire drill. Throw 5 balls in a row — each time the batter takesher swing then immediately whips the bat back to the load position.