Teaches batter to hit balls in various strike zone locations with good fundamentals.
- Batter gets in normal stance.
- Coach stands to side holding the hit stick.
- You can purchase a hit stick like the one shown above from a sporting goods store.
- Or you can use a pool noodle or similar object as a target for the hitter.
How it Works
- Batter swings and hits the ball at the end of the hit stick.
- Coach swings the device above her head and places it at another location.
- Batter swings again.
- The drill continues in this fashion.
- Batter should be using a good trigger stride – starting with weight back and then striding through the ball.
- Hold the ball at different pitch locations. For example, batter has to go down and get a pitch low and away and then get her hands on top of a high inside pitch the next time.
- The Hit Stick is a great tool for kids 14 and younger.