Teaches player to hit through the baseball.
- Place a tee in front of a net.
- Take a bat and shave it down on two sides to create flat surfaces.
- Then wrap tape around the barrel to prevent it from splintering.
How it Works
- Place ball on tee.
- Take a swing and attempt to hit the ball with the flat or shaved down side of the bat.
- The aim of this drill is to hit the ball off the flat surface of the bat.
- If a batter rolls over on her swing she should feel it in her hands.
- This is a great drill for teaching the batter to hit “three softballs” – this means she should be swinging along the plane of the ball for a distance of three softballs. She should not be upper-cutting (pop up) or rolling over on the ball (ground ball).
- If a batter over-strides on her swing put a rubber band tubing from one ankle to the other to shorten the stride.