Works on fielding and fielding mechanics.
- You can put players at their regular positions or you can use two lines. One line would be for corner fielders and pitchers, the other line for the middle fielders.
- Drill uses a smaller 11-inch softball.
- Players wear a smaller training glove (10-1/4 to 10-3/4 inches).
1. Coach hits ground ball to player who fields the ball.
2. This drill includes:
– Weak ground ball
– Extended forehand and backhand
– Over the shoulder
– Line Drive
3. All are hit by the coach except for the over the shoulder and line drive, which are thrown by the coach.
- Watch for proper fielding form with head down, knees bent, back flat, and bottom low.
- Players only work on fielding the ball. They donâ€™t throw the 11-inch softball since itâ€™s not used in games.