Outfielders work on catching the line drive and then transferring their weight toward the target.
- Player and coach line up 5 to 10 yards apart.
How it Works
- Coach says, “Go.”
- Player takes off sprinting across the outfield.
- Coach throws a line drive in front of the player.
- Player catches the ball on the move, plants, turns and throws it either back to the coach or to another player stationed in the outfield.
- Run the drill in both directions.
- Outfielder should be planting hard and then shifting her feet toward the target and throwing.
- The stride foot, or glove foot, should be pointed straight toward the target.
- Outfielder must decelerate quickly and then throw her weight back in the direction she came (back toward the target).