This drill helps the player develop a short, quick, compact swing.
- Player kneels beside tee in front of net.
1. Coach places ball on tee and player swings with one hand and hits it.
2. Start with front arm. Then after several hits switch to back arm.
3. After several more hits switch to using both arms on the swing.
4. Off hand should be placed behind the playerâ€™s back.
- Head should be down and the batter should be hitting down on the ball.
- The playerâ€™s swing motion should not change when hitting onehanded.
- Take the tee away and use soft toss.
- Run the drill with the player bent on one knee or standing up on both legs.