Pitcher works on bring hip forward and “slamming the door.”
- Pitcher stands in front of wall (or net or fence or catcher).
How it Works
- Pitcher gets in open door position.
- She throws the ball against the wall bringing her hip forward and “slamming the door.”
- She goes and gets the ball. She goes back to her original position and throws it again.
- Complete 3 sets of 10-15 throws.
- Pitcher should be bringing her glove arm up and pointing toward the target.
- She should also be “shooting the gun” when she releases the ball – thumb and index finger form a gun.
- Pitcher’s arm should be slightly “in the door” (in front of hip) before hip comes forward and slams the door. If pitcher is moving her hip too soon ball will go off to the side instead of straight to the wall.