This drill is all about learning to get into the throwing position as quickly as possible.
- Players sit on the ground with legs spread open.
- Each player bounces the ball in front of them, catches it in their glove and then gets the ball and goes into throwing motion as fast as possible.
- Player doesn’t throw ball.
- After pulling the ball back in the throwing motion she stops, then bounces the ball and repeats the drill.
- Run the drill for approximately 3 minutes for each variation that you do (seated, standing and/or players paired up)
- Have players pair up and throw the ball to each other.
- Just do the motion with no actual throw.
- When in throwing motion, ball should be facing backwards with the knuckles to the sky.
- When taking the ball from the glove, player should be finding the seams to ensure more accurate throws.