To warm-up the wrists and arms and practice proper rotation on the ball.
- Arrange players into pairs based on their abilities.
- Players should sit crosslegged about 8-10 feet from their partners.
- Both players should have a glove, one player should have a ball.
- This drill is essentially a game of catch, but from a seated position. This helps players isolate the wrist and arm movement.
- Players should throw the ball back and forth about 25 times.
- Index and middle fingers should stay behind the ball through the release.
- The throwing hand should be above the thrower’s head, elbow should be at least shoulder high.
- Thrower should follow through, making a fishhook with the throwing wrist.
- The rotation on the ball should be from the 6 o’clock position to the 12 o’clock position.