In today’s video, we will be exploring some of the most common softball hitting problems that all players experience, and how to fix them.
We have all coached players who experienced one – or more! – of these problems at some point in time:
- Stiff Front Arm Upon Swing
- Front Shoulder Pulling Out
- Rotating Away from the Ball
- and others!
By incorporating the proper exercises and drills, you can help your players correct these frustrating softball hitting issues, and a winning form will be part of each of your players game!
For example, a very common problem for many players is a “stiff front arm on contact”. This is when the left arm straightens out first, bringing the barrel away from the home plate area, causing a longer path to the ball.
There are two great solutions to this issue:
- Solution 1: Make sure that the player stays relaxed with the front arm as they come forward, and work on unlocking elbow and wrist at the same time.
- Solutions 2: Carry out a high volume of dry swings, where they work on snapping their hip open and keeping that front arm bent.
This is but a sample of the many tips and invaluable information you will find in today’s video post!
For even more tips and tricks, be sure to check out our 5 Free Softball Coaching Videos from 11-Time NCAA Champ Sue Enquist!
What do you think of the drills in this video segment? Will you be trying them with your own players? Share your thoughts, comments or additional suggestions below! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, where you can connect with other Softball fans!