This drill teaches the batter to swing forward and down and then along the same plane as the softball.
- Batter stands at tee in normal batting stance.Â A ball is NOT placed on the tee.
- The batter gets into the normal stance.
- Batter takes a dry practice swing.
- She swings down and over the tee trying to come close to the top of the tee without hitting it.
- She then finishes high.
- The batter should freeze at the end of her follow-through to check her position. Her hands should be at her shoulder with her belly button in front of the tee.
- The batter then resets and swings again.
- Vertically, try to line up the top of the tee with the batter’s waistline.
- Horizontally, the tee should be positioned so that it is in alignment with the batter’s belly button.
- Batters with the bad habit of dropping their back side and swinging with an uppercut should find themselves hitting the tee frequently until they fix the problem.