Helps batter swing smoothly and drive the ball.
- Player stands at plate or in front of net.
- Coach stands in front of the player and at a 45 degree or greater angle to the player.
- Player gets into stance and coach tosses the ball to her to hit.
- Player takes her normal swing and hits the ball.
- Player can change feet location to simulate different pitch locations. Opening the feet simulates an outside pitch, closing the feet simulates an inside pitch
- The coach should be at a 45 degree angle or greater to the batter. Tossing from less than a 45 degree angle only teaches hitters to open up too soon
- Toss the ball to the hitter’s front hip — tossing the ball to the back hip could result in the coach getting hit by the batted ball