Helps player learn to hit the breaking ball by forcing her to keep her front side in
- Player stands at plate or in front of net.
- Coach stands in front of the player but to her back side.
- Player gets into stance and coach tosses the ball across the plate.
- Hitter swings and hits the ball.
- Hitter should work on keeping her hands inside the ball and on hitting the inside part of the softball.
- Keep the toss low so the batter can get the barrel through the ball
- Make sure hitter is using great bat lag, meaning they are keeping the barrel of the bat behind their hands on their swing
- Hitter must keep head still – if she turns it at all she will miss the ball