Helps prevent overstriding, while improving balance, rhythm and timing
- Place a batting tee and a ball directly over the plate.
- The batter sets up inher normal stance.
- Coach holds a soccer ball next to the hitter.
- The hitter gets into hitting position, then places the soccer ball between her knees, holding it in place by pinching her knees together.
- The hitter will check her alignment by taking a slow practice swing â€“ making sure that the sweet spot lines up with the ball.
- On the coachâ€™s signal, the hitter makes a short, controlled stride, loads up and swings, making line drive contact with the bal.
- If done correctly the ball will stay securely between the hitterâ€™s knees. If she overstrides, the ball will drop to the ground.
- If you donâ€™t have a soccer ball, you can use a deflated basketball, volleyball, playground ball or batting helmet
- Keep the lower body relaxed and rotate the back hip forward with the swing