This drill simulates a play when the game is on the line. There is no time to catch the ball two-handed.
Player must field the ball onehanded to the side of her body and come up throwing immediately. Speed is imperative in this drill.
- Player lines up in outfield.
- Coach throws a ground ball to the player or hits one to her.
- Player charges the ball, fields it to the side of her body and immediately goes into a crow hop and throws the ball back.
- Have the player throw the ball back to the coach.
- Have the player throw to a particular base. You could even add a baserunner.