Outfielders practice throwing to the relay person after a ball gets past them.
- Outfielder lines up about 5 yards from the outfield fence.
- A coach stands on the edge of the infield.
- An additional player stands in the infield, roughly 30-40 yards from the outfielder.
- Coach rolls the ball past the outfielder to the wall.
- Outfielder turns and runs and gets the ball.
- She makes an accurate throw to the relay person.
- Outfielder should field the ball with her weight on her back foot.
- She should grab the ball with her glove and her throwing hand – she should never pick the ball up barehanded, the margin for error is too high.
- Front shoulder is pointed directly at target when throwing.
- A good throw will come in chest or head high to the relay person.