In this video, I am sharing some fantastic drill ideas for softball practice. The first is called the â€œStar Drillâ€, and you will need 5 players for this one!Â And then I’ve got an awesome relay race that your players are going to love!
The Star Drill
- Position 5 players at each of the field positions â€“ catcher, first base, second, short stop, and third base.
- Beginning with the catcher throwing to the short stop, players focus on perfect throws right into the glove, stepping towards the target and making good, strong catches.
- Repeat to first base, then third, to second and then throwing home.
- After a few rounds, speed up the drill and see how fast the players get get around the field with no errors.
In this relay race, you have 8 players lined up in 2 rows â€“ one down the base line and the other in line with the pitchers mound.
- The first player in the line throws to the second player, the second throws to the third, and the third throws to the fourth.
- Fourth then throws the ball back to third, and then third to second and second to first or â€œhomeâ€.
- Your goal is to make it through this sequence with no drops. Whoever gets back to â€œhomeâ€ first wins!
Looking for more awesome softball conditioning ideas and tips?Â Then be sure to check outÂ Championship Coach Sue Enquistâ€™s otherÂ Softball Coaching Videos!Â Sue will share some great tips and softball pitching mechanics, hitting and much more!Â And donâ€™t forget toÂ Like Us on Facebook, where we share more great ideas and suggestions for your practice plan!Â You can also Follow Us on Twitter and Hangout with us at Google+!